DUV Scholarship Program
ISAAC MONTGOMERY CLARK ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP
In order to qualify for a scholarship award the student must be:
- A member of the sophomore, junior, or senior classes during the 2022 school year.
- A lineal descendant (parent to child) of a Union Veteran of the Civil War 1861-1865.
- A student of satisfactory scholastic standing.
- An American citizen, native-born or naturalized.
- An individual of good moral character.
- While the applicant must be a citizen of California, the university or college
can be out of State.
The application must be accompanied by the following:
- Photocopy of the student’s ancestor’s war record.
- Photocopy of the official transcript of the student’s most recent scholastic record. Transcript to be sent directly from the school, not from the student.
- A personal statement by the applicant (no less than 100 and no more than 300 words) stating why he or she is applying for the scholarship.
- Two personal references (school, employer, church, etc.) noting the field of reference to the student.
This is a one-time grant not to exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1500.00) per year.
Applications and supporting documents must be received by June 1, 2022. Applications should be mailed to: